Ebuyer using my card without permission!

boybrown 16:39 14 Jan 05

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I can best tackle ebuyer. I wanted to order a adsl modem in time for a friday deadline. When I tried to order their site was down and by the time it cam back up the delivery date was now monday. I e-mailed them asking whether as it was their fault they would upgrade the delivery to make sure it was there for Friday. I made it clear in the e-mail that if they couldn't then I would have to go elsewhere. I then received an e-mail saying they wouldnt deliver for friday but had placed the order anyway charging my CC without permission! I immediately put in a returns request which has still not been processed from December 20th! I have sent another e-mail telling them what they had done was illegal but am getting no response!

Any ideas folks I feel completely diempowered here

cheers

tom :o)

buscrew 16:48 14 Jan 05

A letter to the Managing Director, by recorded delivery, setting out the chronological series of events, backed up by printouts of any communications, giving seven days from receipt of the letter to correct the situation, failure of which action through the small claims court. Phone your credit card company, explain to them what has happened, informing them that you wish to dispute the transaction, as you believe it to have been an illegal action by ebuyer.

CHAIRLEG 16:52 14 Jan 05

Maybe this would be better posted on Consumer Watch.

boybrown 16:59 14 Jan 05

Hi folks,

buscrew, great idea for how I can best proceed and thankyou for the posting. I will get onto it straight away.

Chairleg, Have now done this but if it's ok I will leave it up here for a while as it should help to divert people to the consumer forum for the future

cheers

:o)

p.s will make sure that it's marked as resolved soon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…