ebuyer problem

coolteentom 17:38 05 Sep 05

Hi,

I would really like to get an order with this Ebuyer company sorted today, however because I have a friend who is living in the same house as me, and already has an account, I am having problems.

The problem is that only one account is allowed per household, and the account name must match the credit card holder's name. I cannot find anywhere on the website where I can change the account name.

Has anyone experienced this problem before or have an idea on how to fix it?

Cheers,
tom

Totally-braindead 17:56 05 Sep 05

I don't think there is a solution ( unless someone else on the site knows better of course ). I presume its not an option to get your friend to get it and just give him the cash. If not then what item is it you want, perhaps it can be found at the same price or cheaper from somewhere else?

pj123 17:59 05 Sep 05

That seems a strange policy to me. I would have thought that any company who wants to sell their products wouldn't care how many accounts there were as long as the payments were honoured.

Charence 18:02 05 Sep 05

it seems you can only change your credit card and address details when you enter it at the checkout.

Charence

Graham ® 19:39 05 Sep 05

Try putting 'Flat 1' before the street address. Your friend may have to amend their address to 'Flat 2' first.

coolteentom 20:08 05 Sep 05

Cheers for your help,

Found another company that did it for pretty much the same price, so went for them instead.

tom

Oddjob 22:04 05 Sep 05

I had the same problem when my girlfriend wanted to buy me a Christmas pressie from ebuyer. When I rang them - in the days when you could talk to someone - they explained that they limit accounts to one per address as people were forgetting their details and re-registering with them. This made life difficult for them when it came to ensuring the customer's details were genuine and preventing fraud. It also helped them keep their customer database in order. They resolved the problem by "allowing" 2 accounts for the same address. You could try e-mailing them and explaining the situation.
Oddjob.

coolteentom 22:14 05 Sep 05

Thanks, Oddjob I'll do that for the future. :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…