eBayTBDaemon.exe. Should I delete it?

Maczed 16:44 16 Nov 06

Every couple of days my computer runs very slow, or freezes up. I've noticed that this happens when eBayTBDaemon.exe starts. I understand that this is part of the eBay Toolbar facility. When I delete the program from Task Manager, the system runs OK, until the next time eBayTBDaemon starts. Advice from Google is contradictory. Some say delete it, some say it's OK to run it. Does anyone experience a similar problem? If it's best to delete it, how do I get rid of it permanantly?

Gongoozler 17:16 16 Nov 06

Can you prevent this program from running at startup? Go to Start - Run. Type in the box msconfig then click OK. In the dialog box that comes up, click on the Startup tab, and see if eBayTBDaemon.exe is in the list. If it is, remove the tick from the box alongside it and OK out of the configuration utility.
I don't know of any problem with eBayTBDaemon.exe, so if it is giving you difficulties perhaps your computer is short on resources.

Maczed 15:20 21 Nov 06

Thanks Gongoozler. Sorry for the late acknowledgement, I've been away for a few days.
I got rid of it, as you suggested, and I've no problem now. I still can't fathom what it's purpose was, or why eBay installed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017