EBAY/PAYPAL SCAM IN CIRCULATION

Mr A! 13:09 14 Jan 05

Please be aware that there is currently an email circulating asking for users to confirm their ebay/paypal account information. THIS IS A SCAM. Myself and others have received emails asking for account verification and since i don't even have a paypal/ebay account why did i receive an email?. From taking part in other computing forums I am now positive that this is a scam.

Remember that if you want to verify your ebay/paypal account details, type the URL in the browser. Don't click one from an email.

pj123 17:00 14 Jan 05
  Taw® 14:20 15 Jan 05

As long as you read and understand the advice given on both ebay and paypal secure sites you will not be caught by scammers. As pj123 I receive these daily and the odd bank one. I always sign into the sites through the address bar and never ever from an email link.

Forum Editor 14:46 15 Jan 05

for a long time Mr A! but it's worth having annother reminder.

Mr A! 14:12 18 Jan 05

internet is like Forum Editor. You can never have enough reminders to help keep you safe!

Dennis1 15:32 18 Jan 05

I've also had several reminders,and also one saying that 'I'm in violation of my e-bay account'.What account, like Stuartli I don't have an account,and as MrA! say's you can never have enough reminders,always some unsuspecting person likely to fall for it.
Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…