ebay and yahoo web access?

mungo_one 20:46 17 Jul 07

I use ebay and yahoo a lot but just recently I cannot access these sites. Could my pc have become infected with something that recognises I use these sites a lot and is now blocking access? This is weird as I have not changed anything in recent days! I am up to date with CCleaner, AVG a/v, Ad-Aware and Spybot. Any clues would be welcome! I have XP SP2 with all Microsoft updates too. Thanks.

tobyb121 00:00 18 Jul 07

It is unlikely that it is any sort of virus, first check that your browser is the most up to date, try resetting all internet settings to their defaults, especially security options and cookies, and delete all temporary internet files, and then you could try phoneing you isp.

mungo_one 12:25 18 Jul 07

Thanks Toby. I have subsequently found out that this is a Tiscali problem. Something to do with DNS? Another thread on here is along similar lines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…