eBay vs. Sniper prog.

Covergirl 21:32 24 Mar 09

Can these sniping programs actually beat eBays proxy bidding system?

click here for proxy bidding details.

I'd be interested to know - if not, why do people buy them or why are they even for sale?

Thanks in advance.

interzone55 21:43 24 Mar 09

People buy them because they're gullible, people sell them for the same reason...

hastelloy 07:21 25 Mar 09

Using a sniper means you don't put in a bid until the last seconds of an auction. This keeps the price down.

Covergirl 08:04 25 Mar 09

Any ideas how Hammersnipe beats Proxy Bidding ?

hastelloy 08:28 25 Mar 09

Using a sniper means you have to decide on your maximum bid and put that into the sniper. If your maximum bid wins, you win the auction, if it doesn't, you lose. All of this happens in the last 10 seconds of the auction so no time for others to add bids.

If you use eBay's system, your bid shows when you submit it. Other bidders will try to outbid you, pushing up the price. You could be tempted to increase your bid to outbid others and end up paying more than you intended!!

Quickbeam 08:54 25 Mar 09

BidBullet has done OK for me click here The only time I've not won an auction is when the winner was prepared to pay way over my valuation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple