EBay Turbolister issue

bob1234 13:13 19 Jan 05

Hi, Hope someone can help. Running ME, 256 RAM, 700 Celeron CPU. Turbolister kept crashing PC, so I wiped PC, started from scratch, installed ME, Office, updated Internet explorer etc, reinstalled Turbo lister. Still craskhing, not as much but this time giving just the error user32.dll Anuyone got any ideas please?

Dijpo 13:25 19 Jan 05

install win XP (or if your PC doesn't meet min specs then win NT), ME has got to be one of the worst editions of Windows out there!

Mango Grummit 14:09 19 Jan 05

Dijpo -- what I just posted on your AOL networking thread about people who know nothing about AOL also applies to WinMe.

bob1234 -- if you go to the eBay forums you will see that Turbolister does not work for many, if not most, people irrespective of what OS they use.

I think, like a lot of things, it must be a question of luck. I'm lucky I guess, it does work for me now but there was a time when it didn't.

bob1234 15:31 19 Jan 05

I can do without "Bull in a china shop" approach, do you by any chance work for PC World?

This is all a bit pointless,

"it will either work or not"

If you took the trouble to really look on the ebay site there are only 6 or so TOTAL posts re the error message quoted. What I was hoping for, was an intelligent response from a person capable of the thought process.

Mango Grummit 16:12 19 Jan 05

You have misunderstood me. I use WindowsMe and Turbolister works for me. Sometime ago when I could not get it to work I went to the eBay forum and there were loads of people having trouble with Turbolister.

Later, on the same forum, suddenly Turbolister was working again for some people but not others.

The OS they were were using was not the cause, some XP/98/Me and the problem was with Turbolister itself, not the OS. So yes you are right it will either work or not -- and it is a question of luck as to whether it does or not. But it has nothing to do with you using WinMe. Win Me is a good OS.

That was my point -- sorry have upset you!

Mango Grummit 16:19 19 Jan 05

I could let you have my settings but .......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…