ebay and Square trade

concretepigsy 18:35 09 Nov 03

I have a dispute with a guy on ebay. I have approached square trade, the mediator for ebay but they are asking for my ebay username and password so they can check out my transaction. is this right ???

thanks

chris

AubreyS 18:40 09 Nov 03

I have recently had a strange email from "ebay" asking questions I sent ebay an email and they asked me to forward it onto them. I received a reply and they said that it was not from them. Be wary!

Falkyrn 18:41 09 Nov 03

From e-bays terms and conditions for resolution of a dispute

How can I start the dispute resolution process?
To start the process, file a complaint.
You will be asked to complete these steps via an online form:

Create a SquareTrade User ID and password
Enter complaint details.
SquareTrade will send a notification email to the other party who can then respond to you. Your complaint and the other party's response will appear in a secure area on the SquareTrade Web site. Only you, the other party and the mediator (if you choose to involve one) will be granted access. Disputes are often successfully settled with this independent resolution method.

So the answer to your question would be IMHO NO

concretepigsy 18:58 09 Nov 03

thanks guys

concretepigsy 19:02 09 Nov 03

just done falkryn and the first thing square trade ask me for is my ebay name and ebay password???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…