Ebay - Software genuine? Thoughts

Gingermum 16:32 05 Dec 03

I always say, : If it sounds too good to be true, then it is." Therefore, I must wonder why some people can sell software on ebay at greatly reduced prices. One person is selling hundreds of Office 2000 professional. I don't approve of software piracy and so am reluctant to buy.
Some of it must be OEM. I wonder if there will be registration problems with 2002/03 products if it is OEM.
I've never used ebay. I'm looking for a genuine copy of Publisher 2000. Any thoughts, please?

Djohn 16:59 05 Dec 03

You will not have any problems with OEM software. If it's Microsoft software and has not been "Activated" to a PC, then it will activate and if you wish "Register" as well.

Because it's OEM, then once you activate it, it should stay with the PC that you activate on, therefore not transferable to any new PC you buy.

Other than that it's the same as the full retail version. If buying from anyone, check that it's a genuine product and unused.
Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…