ebay problem

Garthyy 12:13 08 Sep 05

i have been unable to log into ebay. i have deleted all my cookies as advised, this temporarily solved the problem. i am now unable to log in and access ebay again, i have recieved an email from ebay saying my account had been accessed from abroad. please advise on any possible remedies. tia

xania 13:11 08 Sep 05

First thing - if your account has been highjacked, you must change the password. Use a friends PC to log on and change the password and THEN worry about getting you own PC to work. You may even find that do this will resolve the problem. I hate coincidences - chances are that a single problem has more than one outcome.

pj123 13:19 08 Sep 05
  Superstylin 14:07 08 Sep 05

hi garthy, remeber to never click on any of the links in these apparent ebay emails...my friend's account was hijacked when ebay apparently sent an email inviting her to become a powerseller. she clicked on the link which took her to what seemed like the ebay sign in page and entered her details. infact the sign in page was a fake and she'd just handed the scammers her account.

i got her account back by entering into a live chat with an ebay representative. they ask a few security questions to confirm you're the account holder then they'll reset your password for you.

here's the link to live chat:
click here

muscic lover 16:22 20 Apr 06

is it now working again?

Please keep us informed!

Kave 23:50 20 Apr 06

I received an e-mail from ebay with a link to an ebay certificate for reaching a certain amount of transactions. Everything seemed o.k. with it.

Ray5776 23:57 20 Apr 06

Had the same as 69 It`s a scam.

Garthyy 12:23 21 Apr 06

Went onto broadband and it sorted itself out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…