ebay a pain

Newuser2 20:25 12 Sep 03

I have a problem in that every time I connect to the internet ( via blueyonder) ebay appears on the bottom task bar as well. I haven't wisited ebay in yonks, & this problem has only appeared in the last couple of days.
How do I stop ebay from loading.
I've deleted temp cookies & files in explorer properties but ebay keeps on appearing.
Any help would be most gratfully received.

reburner57 20:49 12 Sep 03

I'm having the same problem. have run adaware and searched the registry but found nothing can anyone help with this ???

soy 20:58 12 Sep 03

If you have the ebay toolbar, then you can unistall it from the add/remove programs menu.

Newuser2 12:52 13 Sep 03

I've just downloaded an update for Ad-aware & run a scan, it found one new tracking cookie which I deleted & the ebay link has gone.
I would love to know where the link came from in the first place.

Newuser2 18:53 13 Sep 03

Going on from above I've downloaded SpywareGuard to give see if that helps prevent any more attempted hijacks.
Anyone got any more ideas on the subject.

graham√ 19:43 13 Sep 03

Download and instal Cookie Wall click here

Jester2K II 19:45 13 Sep 03

Download NoAds free click here

You'll have to add the page to this list of blocked pages once.

Basically Blueyonder have (Rather irritatingly) decided they want this ad to pop up when you go there - no spyware, cookies etc involved.

NoAds - add it to the blocked list and it'll kill it every time after.

Noels 19:46 13 Sep 03

I asked the same question at 1044 this morning.

I had the Google toolbar installed so just updated and ticked Popup which now stops all popups.

Have a look at my question and answers about 1044 this a.m.
Regards Noels

Jester2K II 19:51 13 Sep 03

Even better way is to go to ad it to the Wild-card list then edit it so the entry just says "adfarm" - no quotes because the name at the top of the page changes each time.

This will block all variants of the ad as well as anything served by Adfarm...

Newuser2 20:30 13 Sep 03

Thanks all.
So blueyonder are to blame, I think they have a liberty trying to dictate what web sites we view.
A stongly worded email is on it's way to them.

LAMINA 21:15 13 Sep 03

just sent a complaint myself..why should i have to keep on installing software all the time,.they shouldn't be doing this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…