Ebay ; Loss of highlighted boxes

Jeffersonrex 13:56 PM 05 Feb 11

I cannot access some areas of the site because the "boxes" have either disappeared altogether ( ie.feedback comment box ) or are colourless making it difficult to locate. Ebay have been notified but dont seen interested in replying. Any ideas ?.

spuds 16:22 PM 05 Feb 11

I have just had a look at eBay, and nothing is amiss here.

Have you tried changing your browser?.

Jeffersonrex 17:23 PM 05 Feb 11

Ebay have replied it is no their fault but mine. Carried out s series of "commands" , clearing Cache/cookies/enabling Java . Still no luck. Still open to suggestions ?.

Catastrophe 22:20 PM 03 Mar 11

I had what sounds like the same problem except that if you looked very carefully you could just read it. Something like white print on VERY pale blue background.

I got by because a) I remembered what boxes were and b) could JUST confirm by reading.

Mewanwhile I got new pc (not for this reason) and problem went away.

Jeffersonrex 08:44 AM 04 Mar 11

The problem has been found - I will post the info. for the benefit of others.....Quite simply I hadnt ( to be precise couldnt ) update my computer because of an outdated Bulldog security package which was blocking my every attempt. Removing that brought everything back far better than I would have believed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued