Ebay listing

paul_allard 07:57 01 Feb 11

I run Vista and use Firefox as my browser. Recently the lot crashed and I had to re-install Vista. Since then, when I try to list on Ebay, I get an error page. I do not have the same problem from my laptop which runs XP. So the problem is with my desktop computer not with Ebay (I think).

A friend suggested that I cleared the Offline Storage cache in Firefox but that has not made any difference.

Any suggestions please

Graphicool1 11:40 01 Feb 11

What does the error page say?

paul_allard 12:27 01 Feb 11

Sorry about lack of information (I also get this when I try to access their Find Your Product section when listing) :

Page Not Responding

The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
Please try the options below:

* Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using a bookmark.
* Wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again.

If what you are looking for is unavailable, you may still be able to access other parts of the site from the eBay Home page

malgall 14:16 01 Feb 11

have you tried a different browser

paul_allard 15:41 01 Feb 11

It works OK in Internet Explorer - just not in Firefox.

Graphicool1 10:13 04 Feb 11

Sorry about the delay in answering.

When you say...
"I had to re-install Vista"

Do you mean you did a clean instal and reinstalled everything else as well. Or was it a repair instal of Vista only. If it was the latter, try uninstalling Firfox and then reinstalling.

paul_allard 21:57 04 Feb 11

I think that it was clean install. I've also uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it without success and now find that sometimes Internet Excplorer does not work when enterting competitions for example. Also following some advice from Ebay, I deleted everything from the Hosts file apart from the local address but also it has not made any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…