ebay & IE9

highside 21:37 31 Mar 11

Could someone help please?
I just installed IE9 (from IE8) Windows 7 and know I cannot default to ebay UK. ie If I click on the google bar ebay button it goes to ebay.com
I have right clicked on the button menu and typed in ebay UK to no avail.
I can of course get there by typing 'ebayUK' into google but with IE8 I simply clicked on ebay in the google toolbar.
Thanks

Migwell 00:23 01 Apr 11

click here

Is what I type and it never fails

highside 07:28 01 Apr 11

Thanks for reply, yes clicking your link takes me to UK site, but clicking the ebay icon on my PC takes me to .com and dollars.

Woolwell 09:44 01 Apr 11

To get the ebay button on the Google Toolbar you have to

gengiscant 09:44 01 Apr 11

If you go to the UK Ebay site, drag the Ebay symbol from the address bar to your desktop, then when you double click it you will be taken to the UK site.

Woolwell 09:46 01 Apr 11

Start again:
To get the ebay button on the Google Toolbar you have to add it through the Google Toolbar Button gallery. There are 2 options ebay and ebay.co.uk. You appear to have chosen ebay instead of ebay.co.uk.

Woolwell 09:47 01 Apr 11

You can also add ebay to the favorites bar.

highside 13:25 01 Apr 11

Thanks all - have added it to favourites bar as suggested by Woolwell.
Strange though as I have definately got co.uk in the google buttons menu but the button will not change in the google toolbar, it just remains as .com

highside 07:19 02 Apr 11

In case it helps anyone else I have received help from ebay saying that IE9 is not compatible with ebay, they sent me instructions on reverting to IE8.
Thanks to all.

mooly 08:12 02 Apr 11

I don't use ebay but have you tried running IE9 in compatability view for that site ?

Although I don't use ebay as such it all seems to display correctly (I'm using IE9 and Vista) on ebay UK

highside 08:19 02 Apr 11

Only telling what the expert at ebay said.
I had no problem with IE9 or googling & using ebay, but I could not have ebay UK in the google toolbar.
It was a backwards step to have to type ebay.co.uk into google every visit.
All is well back in IE8 where "ebay uk" & "my ebay" are on the task bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…