eBay Bid Notification?

oliverdore 19:19 19 Aug 03

Is there any small piece of software around that will notify me when someone bids on an item I am currently selling? I'd like to know when the bids arrive, but don't want to keep having to log in and check my page.

Thanks,

-oliverdore-

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:26 19 Aug 03

Surely you have to connect to the net to get your emails? Isn't it just as easy to connect with Internet Explorer? Am I missing something here? Why not put a shortcut ot the item on your desktop?

G

ps...I have googled and there is naff all about.

comsuppwor 19:28 19 Aug 03

To cut in on you,re question oliverdore ,I bought something off e-bay and tried to pay by
Palpay? but no lock symble came up.
It can,t be secure without that lock can it?
Sorry again oliverdore, But thank,s for the chance to ask a question.

oliverdore 19:29 19 Aug 03

That's very true! I just like to achieve as much as possible, with as little effort as possible. If I had something that notified me a new bid made (by checking every 5 mins), then I wouldn't have to do anything at all. I know... it's lazy, but when I'm at work the temptation to look is too great!

-oli-

oliverdore 19:37 19 Aug 03

No problem comsuppwor,

Well I pulled this off the PayPal website:

Is PayPal secure?

Yes. PayPal uses SSL technology to keep your information safe. In addition, when you send a payment using PayPal, the recipient won't receive your sensitive financial information like your credit card or bank account number. This way, you don't have to worry about paying people you don't know.

I don't know whether or not this means that that security exists when you pay someone - I presume it should be - I mean, even the help pages on PayPal have the secure symbol!

comsuppwor 21:08 20 Aug 03

Thanks for that, it,s nice to know these things as I,ve only just started visiting e-bay,and don,t usually buy on-line. Cheers oliverdore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced