ebay & aol

Garthyy 14:22 12 Sep 05

my friend uses aol and can not get onto ebay. she is even unable to get onto the log in page, she is on dial-up. i cleared all the cookies and it worked for a day or so but now no longer.

Diemmess 15:37 12 Sep 05

I use Aol, and used to use Dialup. Your friend's problem must be in her security control settings somehwere.

Although Aol no longer have a freephone number their Keyword "live help" may be the best way to suss out what is happening.

Live help will take you to Tech Chat where, like the X files, "Agent 123 UK" "will be with you in a minute, please state your question"

If your friend is not sure of much, perhaps you can look over her shoulder while this is going on. I assume she doesn't know of any other Web sites which she cannot access?

Garthyy 15:57 12 Sep 05

she was blocked from butlins but that cleared when I deleted the cookies. it seems an aol spyware program launches the same time. can I disable that & see what happens

phil46 16:52 12 Sep 05

I have turned off AOL spyware as i am already running a spyware program click on Safety.
If you are running a firewall make shure you are not blocking third party cookies Ebay requires these,this should be showing on the internet privacy icon on the bottom toolbar if these cookies on ebay are getting blocked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…