ebay - account suspended

TheTerminator 21:34 01 Feb 04

long story, but I used ebay 3 years ago to try to sell a monitor, sold it not using ebay (who then tried to charge me for advertising on their website). As I thought I'd never use ebay again, I didn;t pay, but I now need to use Ebay! How can I contact them to pay off my 1 pound debt?
I've tried to log into ebay and it refuses to let me go any further, and I don;t know who to contact. Can you please advise me?

Giggle n' Bits 21:38 01 Feb 04

I don't use ebay myself (yet) but it is something on there server in your personal details it has locked onto, create another emial address if emial address is required to access them ?.

Sorry if I am not helpfull though.

TheTerminator 21:43 01 Feb 04

I've tried that but the problem is that I only have one card I use regularly, and the card and email address are locked until i pay up! Cheers for the thoughts though

Falkyrn 21:46 01 Feb 04

try click here which is their "contact us" page they should be able to tell you more

nick_j007 21:47 01 Feb 04

Not sure but you could try posing this question to some people on ebay forum who may know

click here

HTH, Nick

TheTerminator 21:50 01 Feb 04

is that you have to log in to email them, and when i log in, it tells me that my account has been blocked! it's a viscious circle. what a pain.

AndyJ 22:10 01 Feb 04

From what you have said it appears you are in breach of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, clearly stated in their User Agreement (which you accepted when you joined EBay and is a legally binding document).

It also gives clear definition of breaches causing suspension - owing them money being one of them.

I suspect you are going to have do to some very smooth talking for them to allow you back in. I would suggest you try one of the other auction sites (if EBay hasn't "blackballed" your card with them too.

VoG II 22:11 01 Feb 04

Check if you have an Ebay cookie and delete it.

AndyJ 22:15 01 Feb 04

Darn....forgot...to write to them click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:47 01 Feb 04

You advertised it on Ebay, therefore you have to pay. The fact that you did not sell it on Ebay is irrelevant. Personally I would have coughed up the quid to save future hassle. Another email address may work.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…