Easynote R9200 spontaneous 'switching off'

blackstorm2k 03:41 05 May 06

Hi,

I bought the above computer from PC world last September and until recently it's worked fine. However, the machine sometimes just randomly switches off (even if the laptop isn't doing anything). It started happening a few months ago and is slowly becoming more and more frequent. I've also noticed that some games that used to work fine are now running slowly. I don't know if that has anything to do with this though. I've not installed anything new recently and I use the latest anti-virus software along with 'ewido' spyware remover.

I'm thinking it may be that the motherboard is failing? I'm pretty sure it's not a software related problem because no errors are being reported under 'system' in event viewer.

Also, bizarrly; shortly after I bought the laptop it sometimes used to 'pause' for a second when I was watching videos or playing games which could be fixed by a hard re-boot. However, this problem is now gone strangely.

I would try contacting Packard Bell but they're tech support is very poor and I don't have all my purchase details with me where I am currently living. My spec is as follows:

Intel Centrino 1.6Mhz
Nvidia Geforce Go 6200
60GB harddrive
512MB RAM

If anyone has had the same problems, I'd be very grateful for a response.

Cheers

blackstorm2k 04:41 05 May 06

One other thing:

Event viwer seems to log the following error message under 'applications' everytime my laptop switches itself off:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

No idea if this would have anything to do with it though.

I've looked on MS knowledge base and not found anything useful.Interetingly the crash seems to happen much more frequently when I play Virtua Tennis (i.e. every few minutes).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…