Easygen Web Design Software

thegreypanther 17:41 20 Jul 06

My eye was caught in the latest edition of PC Advisor by the big advert for Easygen web design software. Just what I need, I thought.
I use Dreamweaver for "regular" HTML web pages, but need to get up to speed on PHP/MySQL web design.
However, there don't appear to have been any reviews of Easygen by PC Advisor.
And reading the reviews of Easygen on Amazon's pages, it is clear that some people love it but others just as equally loathe Easygen.
Any comments from PC Advisor readers?
My PHP/MySQL requirements aren't too advanced at this stage, so maybe Easygen is the right thing?

smudge101 21:59 20 Jul 06

I don't know anything about Easygen (I thought they supplied our electricity!)Perhaps someone on here will have some experience of it, but.....
If your PHP/SQL requirements are not too advanced, then it may be a good oppertunity to learn PHP and SQL to implement your task manually.
There are good tutorials at a basic level at click here
The main benefit is learning new skills that you can apply over & over again.

Dalglish2 12:32 22 Jul 06

Hi emnic

I shelled out nearly £70 last year for Easygen dynamic website creator but it's cheaper now and to be honest it is not the most intuitive of packages despite what you read.
I got there in the end but I don't have a live website I could show you but it does do what it claims in terms of making a website truly dynamic ie capturing email/ addresses for members pages etc.
I really did struggle as the instructions have been written with loads of tpyoss in them.
I also dont like the need to pay an additional £50 for a "full" e-commerce package which is what I paid for in the first instance.
Also, trying to import my beloved website into easygen to transform it into a dynamic site has been a pain as the formatting/ style sheets go haywire.
In summary, it is an effective package but not the cure-all I was expecting.
Good luck
Steve

thegreypanther 16:17 22 Jul 06

Thanks Dalglish2. Your response puts the reality into the hype. As my most pressing need is to have a website which can be updated regularly, without the need for users to refresh their browser every time they visit it, maybe I'll hang fire for a bit.
I'm not too bothered about e-commerce, and what-have-you.
However, as an example of the type of website where the content changes fairly frequently, have a look at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos