EasyCD Creator - Music Won`t Play On Other Players

Taff36 15:20 01 Dec 03

I recorded a music CD using version 5 so that I have a copy for the car but it will not even play on the home stereo. It has recorded OK because it will play on the computer from the D drive.

I don`t normally use CD Creator because I find WMP9 sufficient but this said that the last track "will not fit" - strange that too because even CD Creator says there is 242 MB free on the written disk.

Anyone give me a clue please?

stlucia 16:09 01 Dec 03

Have you used Easy CD Creator to "create a music CD", or have you used it to copy your tracks from your PC onto a CD? If so, it won't play on any CD player except the one in your computer.

dagbladet 16:15 01 Dec 03

Somewhere in the settings there is an option to record using Disc-at-once(DAO) or Track-at-once(TAO). You need to use DAO. I don't know the techy details, but I had exactly the same problem and this fixed it.

Diodorus Siculus 16:19 01 Dec 03

Nero can protect music so that it will only play on the PC you copy it on. Maybe EasyCD creator does the same - check for an option to turn this off.

stlucia 16:28 01 Dec 03

In my experience, if you use TAO instead of DAO, or add tracks to the CD after the first recording (the same thing, I think), your domestic player will probably play the first track but not the rest.

Taff36 16:34 01 Dec 03

Thanks for the quick responses all - I will check it out tonight and get back to you.Strange that WMP9 says that the files won`t fit though - any thoughts from anyone?

Confab 16:35 01 Dec 03

Are you using CDR's or CDRW's?

byfordr 16:37 01 Dec 03

Have you finialised the disc?

Jakey boy 17:01 01 Dec 03

Is your home cd player quite old? If so, it could be that it won't recognise cd-r's of certain types. I've had this problem, and spent a fortune on different makes/configurations of cd-r's to no avail. I've now just about given up!

Taff36 10:01 07 Jan 04

stlucia dagbladet
The penny finally dropped over the Christmas break when I had a bit of time to play around with the settings and defaults. You were both correct and when I read through the helpfiles on your suggestions it all became clear - many thanks

Jester2K 10:03 07 Jan 04

So what was the problem then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…