Easy way to backup Outlook folders?

Pineman100 12:20 25 May 06

My self-employed daughter uses Outlook as her email client, and she has created literally dozens of folders for filing all her business emails from clients, suppliers, etc.

The only way I know to backup all these folders, plus her Inbox, Sent Items, Contacts, etc. is to use File>Import and Export>Export to a file, etc. and to create an identical stack of folders on the backup drive to receive the data from each Outlook folder.

This takes flippin' hours!

Can anyone please tell me whether there's a quicker, easier way to do regular backups of all her Outlook folders? Or even to automate the process?

Many thanks for any advice.

VoG II 12:25 25 May 06
  andy625 13:03 25 May 06

I normally just copy the outlook.pst and archive.pst files to another location, then you can just reload them onto your pc if you need to reclaim the backup copies.

Pineman100 15:03 25 May 06

Many thanks VoG and Andy.

VoG - that looks like a very promising answer. I'll get her to download it.

Andy - I ran a full search for those files on my own computer (I run Outlook too) but I couldn't find them. Where are they usually stored? What version of Outlook do you run?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…