Easy to use DVD burning software-Which?

Kooji 13:07 15 Jan 09

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend any easy-to-use DVD/CD burning software. I have used NERO for some years with my Windows XP machine. I am taking delivery of a new P.C. tomorrow running Windows Vista and I've heard that Nero and Vista are not that compatible. I don't want to load Nero and find that it's no good. All advice much appreciated.

Kooji.

Pamy 13:12 15 Jan 09

I like Ashampoo Burning Studio

Kooji 13:19 15 Jan 09

Pamy,

Hi, can you point me to it i.e. is there a link to the site or do I just Google it?

Cheers,

Kooji.

Pamy 13:48 15 Jan 09

Google, it's well known german software. You may be able to get a free version 6 ,that is what I have. It is now up to version 8

Pamy 13:50 15 Jan 09

click here you may get it free from here

DippyGirl 13:52 15 Jan 09

I am a fan of DeepBurner click here - free version does all I need. Here is a comparison of Pro vs Free click here

Kooji 14:44 15 Jan 09

Pamy, DippyGirl,

Many thanks for your prompt reponses. I'll take a look at both of your recommendations.(It's a nice surprise to see that they are both free too!) I must say what a really great forum this is.

Cheers both,

Kooji

john bunyan 16:41 15 Jan 09

Kooji. I use Roxio Creator 2009. I like it for capturing vinyl and cassette tapes and converting to MP3 - also for disc management (erasing etc) I dont use the photo bit so maybe it has too much in the whole suite. I think it is similar to Nero (converts TV from dvr-ms to MPEG 4 etc)It is not free, so probably if you only want burning software the other programmes will be ok.

gazzaho 15:03 29 Jan 09

I'm using Nero 7 with Vista and have no problems whatsoever, I can't speak for earlier editions but 7 works with no problem at all on my machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5