easy remote pc shutdown

Tecno Dan 23:06 11 Jan 03
  Tecno Dan 23:06 11 Jan 03

hi,

I have a server in my room, although the thing is I tend to shut it down at night and at present I dont have a monitor connected to it.

What I would like to do is be able to easly send a request from my pc to automatically shutdown the server. Thus meaning I would not have ot touch the server its self and be able to shut it all down remotely.

Is there any program that are around that would do this?

many thanks

Dan

jazzypop 00:32 12 Jan 03

Symantec's PcAnywhere will let you take full control of another PC. You will have to temporarily connect your single monitor to your server, as the software needs to be installed on both PCs, but it will do just what you want.

Gaz 25 00:53 12 Jan 03

On my server I have a program that automatically shuts down any windows 2000/NT/XP server down at cirtain times. I cannot remember where I got the program from it is called autopower 6.1 but someone here must know where to get this or software that does the same thing.

Tecno Dan 19:39 13 Jan 03

refresh, does anyone know about this program autopower 6.1?

thanks

Dan

Gaz 25 02:24 22 Feb 03

I will bump you back to the top again. Anyway, so a search on Google.com or something for autopower 6.1 or alternativly do remote shutdown.

Hope helps.

Gaz25

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…