Easy HTML Query If You Know How

ktheed1 14:37 16 Feb 04

Hello, i am having a problem making this link on this site click here i need it so that when people click on the button to go through to the page where you log into the chat a pop-up window also appears with help, eg how to create rooms etc,

the chat page is called chat.html

the main page is index.html

and i will be calling the page in the help popup chathelp.html

also i need to resize the windown to about half the size to about 450x300

thanks if any one can help

PurplePenny 15:06 16 Feb 04

I think that you will have to use a JavaScript that runs when the target page loads. A lot of people don't like those and many will have such pop-ups disabled (for instance I have my browser set to only open requested pop-ups, i.e. that I have specifically clicked on). You will probably find something at The JavaScript Source:

click here

You might be better to have a "need help with the chat rooms?" button on the chat page, which will bring up the chat-help pop-up, rather than having it load automatically with the page and get missed by all the people who have un-requested pop-ups blocked.

PP

ktheed1 15:07 16 Feb 04

Also if there is any onther suggestions on the site please leave a message here, thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…