Easy Creator 5 won't recognise my new burner

jumpingjoe 01:50 25 Apr 03

I've just brought a Lite On 48x24x48 CD-rw as an upgrade to my Philips 24x12x24. The new drive shows up on windows etc and I can play music or load data but when I try to copy anything using Easy CD creator 5 platium my D drive doesn't show up at all. The burner came with Nero, but all of the music stored on my hard drive is saved using Easy CD creator. I downloaded an upgrade disc from the Roxio site but now the record from hard drive option doesn't come up at all just a box message saying "Creator API" as the header then "easy CD creator engine initialization has failed (could not inizialize the engine.
Any offers

earth2001 02:07 25 Apr 03

I've had this problem myself in the past. I have found that it helped to totally uninstall the product, re-install the product, and then apply the various update patches available on the Roxio site.

There seemed to be a flaw in the original release of EasyCdCreator 5 and my CDR/CDRW drive would not work until I went through the above noted steps.

stlucia 08:59 25 Apr 03

You need to update your drivers from the Roxio site -- when you purchase/install the program it can only cater for hardware which exists at the time. Your Lite-on is probably more recent than your Roxio.

The PC Doctor 10:19 25 Apr 03

Dowload ALL the upgrades from Roxio - there are currently 9 if you include the aspi drivers.

Remove and re-install the base product and apply each update in date order.

After each update check to see if Easy recognises your CDRW. If it doesn't go to the next upgrade. If it does then stop upgrading and start using.

Just for info I have a BenQ and need up to 'DriveUp5.3.4b.exe' before mine works.

Rtus 10:36 25 Apr 03

You may not be aware, some drives are firmware locked to the bundled software they are shipped with. Take the Case of 2 drives Ricoh Mp9120+ BTC 3212 Both have the Nero 5.5 version of software .But wont work unless you use their own cd in fresh install .even when you update to latest version from the web home page you still cant swap the drives to use them, again requiring a fresh install of bundled software..Complete removal of original software is also advised before attempting adding the bundled software..

Ben Avery 10:47 25 Apr 03

As rtus has stated it may be that the ECDC was designed for the Philips drive. Look at the ECDC Disc itself. If it bundled for a philips drive it will likely actually say "philips" on the inside circle of the disc (as hologramatic text). If this is the case, you should maybe try emailing Roxio and asking if they have a version designed for Lite-On. I don't see this would present a problem as you have technically purchased the right to the software already.

woodchip 11:13 25 Apr 03

If you look on the Roxio Site there should be plugins for extra CDRW's

woodchip 11:15 25 Apr 03

If you look on the Roxio Site there should be plugins for extra CDRW's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…