Easy cleaner ??

Magik ®© 14:35 26 Mar 05

hi, just installed the above after seeing it mentioned on another thread, just run it and there are loads of duplicates, the question is, does the list include one you have to keep or are the ones listed all the ones to get rid of, hope that makes sense ,,,,,,,thanks

Wak 14:54 26 Mar 05

Hi, Trust Easycleaner. it's never let me down in over four years.
It will only delete one of the duplicates.

Magik ®© 15:29 26 Mar 05

thanks for that..........

Wak 22:48 30 Mar 05

Hi, I have just re-read my reply and thought it was a bit vague so I'd better explain more fully.
With duplicates you can never get the same file twice in a single directory or folder as Windows will not allow it to happen.
However, you can have the same file (say a picture file) in two different folders and this is what Easy cleaner shows you.
If you do not want to keep the same file twice and take up valuable space, then highlight the file you do not want to keep and it will delete it for you.
Unnecessary files and registry files or entries are shown singly and can be deleted.
I hope this clarifies the situation regarding Easycleaner.

Wak 22:49 30 Mar 05

Hi, I have just re-read my reply and thought it was a bit vague so I'd better explain more fully.
With duplicates you can never get the same file twice in a single directory or folder as Windows will not allow it to happen.
However, you can have the same file (say a picture file) in two different folders and this is what Easy cleaner shows you.
If you do not want to keep the same file twice and take up valuable space, then highlight the file you do not want to keep and it will delete it for you.
Unnecessary files and registry files or entries are shown singly and can be deleted.
I hope this clarifies the situation regarding Easycleaner.

Magik ®© 22:57 30 Mar 05

thanks for that, i have made the mistake of highlighting it all and clicking "delete" then of course, hardly anything would work, so i used "go-back" to put it right. but i will now try again....

Ron

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…