Easy CD&DVD Creator v 6 - Activation problems

Stylo 13:22 04 Mar 06

I have recently purchased & downloaded the above (Digital media suit platinum). On installation I got an error message when I tried to activate it:

"the acivation server reports that the distribution of the CD key has been disabled"

I downloaded the latest patches and all seemed well. In the last couple of days every time I start the programme it asks for activation again and now what ever I do I annot get past the message. I have Windows XP home and SP2. Reinstall has not helped.

chub_tor 14:12 04 Mar 06

Version 6 is quite old now having been replaced by 7 then 7.5 and the latest 8. Did you purchase and download it from a Roxio recognised site to get the CD key? You could try the Roxio support site click here;jsessionid=QO23LFCSIG55ACQAMYXRVQQ they have support for lost installation CD's etc.

Stylo 23:19 04 Mar 06

Yes I did download it from the Roxio site and have a CD key which they provided by email. I have already tried the Roxio support site before posting here but without success. I realise V6 is old and suspect they have stopped supporting it, but why then doi they offer it for sale??

chub_tor 18:57 05 Mar 06

When I had problems after downloading v7.5 I emailed the Roxio support site and found them quite helpful in resolving my problem. It's so long ago that I can't remember exactly how long they took to reply but it wasn't more than 3 or 4 days. Might be worth trying them again; if they are still selling it then I think that they will still support it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009