Easy cd creator - recorded cd's don't play.

Jomi 20:16 10 Jun 03

I'm using version 5.3.5.10, everything seems to work ok untill I try to use the cd in a different pc.
The recorded cd's work ok in my rewriter and also in my cd rom drive, just not in another comp.

ton 20:38 10 Jun 03

What sort of recordings - music or data? CDR's or CDRW?

Two things that can make a difference - record at a slower speed, try another make of CD.

Jomi 20:47 10 Jun 03

I'm using CDR's at 8x.
At the moment I'm working only with photographs.

ton 21:17 10 Jun 03

Are you using DirectCD to burn? If so, and the other PC hasn't got DirectCD, you can download reader software from Roxio.

If not using DirectCD then another make of CDR (sometimes the cheap ones are better). No one can really say which ones will work in a particular drive.

keith-236785 21:43 10 Jun 03

have you closed the recording session?

this is required for the cd to be read by other cd drives (though if you can read it in your cdrom drive i dont think it will be this)

worth a try though

Jomi 15:41 11 Jun 03

The other pc doesn't have it - I didn't know it needed to. I can easily give this a try.

Paperman
There isn't an option to close the session like there used to be.

Sorry for the delays between posting, one pc is at home, the other is at work.

Thanks for the advice.

Jomi 15:58 11 Jun 03

I didn't know about reader software, I'll try that.

Papaerman27 - There isn't an option to close the session like there used to be.

Thanks for the advice.

Jomi 16:05 11 Jun 03

Couldn't find anything at the site about reader software.

ton 17:22 11 Jun 03

I found this on the site, however, the download link didn't work. The info below is pasted from the site.

click here

Note: These UDF Readers are offered free of charge, and there is no technical support for them.

Roxio's UDF Reader for Windows 95/98/NT enables some MultiRead CD-ROM drives to read UDF formatted CD-RW discs (such as those written with DirectCD) under Windows 95, 98 and 98 SE, Windows NT 4.0 SP3 or higher, and Mac OS.

DirectCD for Windows does not support reading DirectCD discs on CD-ROM drives, but only on CD recorders. So you do need the UDF Reader to read from a CD-ROM drive, even if you already have DirectCD installed on the same system.

ton 17:28 11 Jun 03

If you don't get anywhere with the DirectCD disks, you could try a normal ECDC burn. If that doesn't work, another make of CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…