Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum

Sirron 23:44 31 Dec 02
  Sirron 23:44 31 Dec 02

I installed Easy CD Creator on a Windows XP Home based machine. I have two CD ROM Drives.
Drive E: is a DVD - CD Read only drive.
Drive F: is a CD-RW drive.

On attempting to run any of the Easy CD Creator applications an error message is reported as follows; "There are no supported CD-Recorders available ..."

Windows XP recognises the CD ROMS and even allows me to copy files from my C:drive straight to the F: Drive; successfully.

Tried loading an update for Easy CD Creator from their web-site to make the software fully compliant with XP. No improvement.

Can anyone suggest an alternative approach / fix?

Michael

DieSse 23:50 31 Dec 02

You can look on the roxio site to find which revision you ned to support your particular CD-Writer. See "Recorder Support" on their home page.

billyliv 00:02 01 Jan 03

Hi, Just as a matter of interest. What is your 'D' Drive. cheers, Bill

ton 02:48 01 Jan 03

Have you checked the Roxio site to see if your CDRW writer is supported by the Roxio software?

Lozzy 03:07 01 Jan 03

To cure your issue you must, MUST, go to click here then downloads and download the XP patch version for easy CD Creator and all your woes will disappear. But REMEMBER do not install TAKE 2 it does not work with XP

krislas 13:59 03 Jan 03

I had the same problem a few months ago. I went on the Roxio site and discovered they did not support my CD-RW drive. My only option was to return Easy CD Creator to Jungle.com who refunded my money, I sold the CD-RW drive and bought a new one which had Easy Creator bundled with it.

anchor 18:04 03 Jan 03

If all fails with Easy CD creator, and like krislas, your writer is not supported, then consider Nero.

A list of Nero supported writers can be found on their site:

click here

type "supported recorders" in the search box, and click GO.

You can also download a trial version of Nero from this site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017