Easy CD creator 5 basic

Madscot_uk 08:10 29 Mar 05

I have recently upgraded my dvd/cd-rw drive to a dvd-rw/cd-rw, and installed Nero 6. Now on start-up windows installer starts, trying to configure Easy CD creator and asks for the CD, which as the software came pre-installed i dont have. Clicking on cancel has no effect as windows instantly restarts installer and to use my PC i have to leave it running in the background. Because of this i cannot remove it (as i now use nero anyway) or install any other software. Does anyone know how to get round this?

Jackcoms 08:16 29 Mar 05

Go to Start; Runs and type msconfig. Hit OK.

In the System Configuration Utility click on the Startup tab. Scroll down until you find DirectCD. Remove the tick. Click Apply and OK. Re-boot.

Madscot_uk 08:28 29 Mar 05

Direct CD isn't listed, checking in Spybot search & distroy i have previously set it not to run at start-up, so should i tell spybot to allow it to run at startup then use sys config to stop it?

Jackcoms 08:38 29 Mar 05

Yes.

In fact the System Startup utility in Spybot should only be a mirror reflection of what you set in msconfig

Madscot_uk 09:17 29 Mar 05

Thank you for your help, for some reason win installer still ran, but on clicking cancel it did'nt reappear and have now managed to remove Direct CD.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…