Easy CD Creator 4 has been installed on WinXP

Sir Radfordin 23:30 07 Dec 03

Doh!

On the advice of some tech support guy (no not PCW!) someone has installed Easy CD Creator 4 on XP. It doesn't work and never has but there we go. They then uninstalled it and this leaves us with an error message in a balloon by the time saying that it will not install the driver for cd burning software because it will make windows xp unstable.

I know that a system restore will sort the problem but I can't do this because it also removes other changes to the registry that I can't easily re-create!

So is there a simple way of sorting this problem?

This KB click here;EN-US;q315345& does give some help but does seem to depend on using System Restore - or can I get away with starting at point 2?

bvw in bristol 00:05 08 Dec 03

Your link: click here

powerless 00:10 08 Dec 03

I'm sure there is a little file that you can get from roxio,that scans the computer and removes all traces of roxio.

I don't know wheather it works for version 4 or what the file is called but it has been mentioned on here before.

bvw in bristol 00:32 08 Dec 03

This program will remove Roxio`s software completely and very easly:

click here

Scroll to bottom of the page. This may be what powerless mentioned.

Off to bed, night all.

Sir Radfordin 08:50 08 Dec 03

Looks interersting thanks!

alcudia 08:56 08 Dec 03

Roxizap works with Easy CD versions 4 & 5, and does seem to work. Used it twice now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…