Easy CD Creator

losing it 19:10 01 Sep 04

Recently before reformatting my PC which had Win98se as the OS, I used the drag and drop facility of Easy CD Creator to copy files and folders to CD-R discs. Now the OS is WinXP Pro but I find that Easy CD Creator will not read the discs. I even have tried using another PC which has Win98se and Easy CD Creator and it won't read the discs either. Can anyone explain why this is and more importantly tell me how I can recover my data!!!

AubreyS 20:40 01 Sep 04

You may need to go to Roxio's site click here and download the latest updates. Maybe that will sort out the problem.
Good luck.

bruno 20:58 01 Sep 04

As AubreyS says, you will need the updates to run CD creator properly in XP pro.I had a similar problem to you, but unfortunately it was a long time ago and I cannot remember the solution, but I seem to recall it was in Properties and having a tick in the wrong place(read only was selected,I think).Sorry to be vague,but at my age the memory is not so hot.I am only trying to say it was not serious.

chrisuk 15:32 04 Sep 04

I have had similar problems trying to back up data to CDRW using WIN XP, i found these two articles relating to the problem. Apparently it is a known problem with Win XP and the way its write to disc, i am currently awaitng some technical help from my PC supplier as to any possible cure!!

Try looking up the article 316529 on Microsofts Knowledge Base and try click here for further help. At the moment it looks like one can't do small regular back ups to CDRW disc as the format the data is written means the discs are closed off for further writing and are then read as CD ROM's.

Hope this gives you some clues as to where to look next? As i've said i'm waiting for a response from tech support but on fist try with them they say they are stumped and offered to fit a new drive?!

Chris.

losing it 10:15 06 Sep 04

Thanks to those of you who responded. The problem was resolved by uninstalling the program and reinstalling it and the updates again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…