Easy Backup Program with Encryption Function?

JerryJay 22:42 15 Mar 04

I am looking for a easy backup program which has encryption function for daily backup to external hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

wawadave 00:47 16 Mar 04

not sure about the encryption part.but for the back up click here
you can probly find a good free encryption program. theres lots out there.

JerryJay 09:28 16 Mar 04

wawadave, it seems a good program, but I still prefer one stop solution, backup with encryption

Peter 11:27 16 Mar 04

You could just ZIP the files using WinZip and password protect them.

Peter.

JerryJay 11:38 16 Mar 04

yes, I could do it, but it is diffcult to do "incremental backup" with winzip

Diodorus Siculus 11:46 16 Mar 04

CobianBackup has the option to create a Zip file, with password protection if I remember correctly.

Diodorus Siculus 11:47 16 Mar 04

Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program you can use to backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. Now you can altso backup to a FTP server. Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.

Features

You can automatically backup your files once, daily, weekly, monthly, on a timer basis or manually.
You can backup to other computers on the network, to other partitions or to a FTP server.
You can also save and open lists with different backup file sets.
The program creates a log file which optionally can be mailed to you automatically.
Cobian BackUp can be used as an application (Windows 95 /98 /ME /NT /2000 /XP) or as a Windows service (Windows NT /2000 /XP).
Cobian Backup has integrated compression capabilities, using the standard Zip algorithm. All the functions in the program can optionally be password protected.
Incremental backup
Live update
The program remembers the position of the window and the columns' width
Support for windows XP themes
Include/Exclude certain files using file masks
Drag and drop
Multilanguage support

click here

JerryJay 13:17 16 Mar 04

Diodorus Siculus,

I tried it. It is a good program. But I do not like put everything into one single zip file in case problem with disk.

I found another one called "Handy Backup (cost$30) click here. It can zip and encrypt files individually. This is the tool I want. Anyone used this program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…