East Asian Language install problem

shiretoko 16:06 11 Oct 06

I bought a new PC with XP Media Player and tried to install Japanese language. I went into Control Panel and chose Regional & language Options and chose Supplemental language support and select the check box next to the langauge group. But when I try to install the message comes on saying Quote' Please insert the CD labled 'Window XP Professional Service Pack CD in your CD-ROM drive(D) and then click OK. Unquote. Do I need this CD?? Is there any other way?? The message also says Quote'You can also click OK if you want files to be copied from a network server. Does it mean I need to download Global IME??? Hope somebody can help me.

Jackcoms 16:22 11 Oct 06

"Do I need this CD??"

Yes. If the PC is new, one should have been supplied

shiretoko 17:11 11 Oct 06

I found this CD & inserted but I receive Copy error message saying Setup cannot copy the file cplexe.exe. I spoke to my pc supplier Mesh and they told me that what they supplied is OEM Window XP not retail version so I need to download IME. Is it true??

Jackcoms 17:45 11 Oct 06

This might help. The problem is very similar to yours click here

Stuartli 17:46 11 Oct 06
  shiretoko 20:52 11 Oct 06

Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to download IME but Microsoft IME page assumes that Widow XP can use the built-in East Asian input support so it does not specify what to download.(As you do not need to when you have XP in normal circumstances.)

They seem to have 2 choices - Global IME for office XP and Global IME 5.02.
My pc came with free trial(60days) Office but I do now intend to continue using it. I will stick with Works. So do I download Global IME 5.02??
If you know the answer please let me know.
Thank you.

shiretoko 20:56 11 Oct 06

Sorry I meant to say I do not intend to continue using it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant