Easiest way to back up drivers?

bluebird 12:58 24 Apr 04

I need to back up the drivers on my new pc. Whats the simplest way to do this. Im a novice when it comes to things like this. Regards and thanks in advance.

Graham ® 13:30 24 Apr 04

DriverGuide Toolkit will do it. For free trial

click here

Stuartli 16:02 24 Apr 04

If you use FreshDownload you can create a new folder (call it something on the lines of FreshDownload Drivers Base) and always use it as FreshDownload's target.

You can install the drivers as normal from the folder and you also have the backups you require for future use.

It works, of course, for any downloaded files and not just drivers, but you would have them in an easily recognised backup facility. For further backups just burn the folder to a (multisession) CD-R and add as required.

I presume you will have XP with your new system. By right clicking on each of the drivers (or any file) and selecting Summary from the menu that pops up, you can type in details of each file's role or intended use.

Other folders on the same lines can be used for other downloads.

bluebird 09:51 25 Apr 04

Thanks guys for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…