Earthanet or USB for NTL

blue_cafe 21:57 23 Sep 03

Ntl recommend USB for there 150k bb service, whats the difference between E/Net and USB?

Tim1964 22:03 23 Sep 03

USB is easier to connect as it means you don't have to open up your PC. I went from USB to NIC using NTL BB because USB is resource hungry and my PC is quite low spec.
The card was £10 from PCWorld (yes, I know but at least you take it away with you) and was a doddle to fit, didn't even need to install the driver as windows had it already.

dfghjkl 22:07 23 Sep 03

i have had ntl 150 for 6 months now,i installed with usb as per ntl recomendation,but i have since learnt,that you are better off with ethernet for a number of reasons,first it takes up a usb slot (i only had 2)second usb is only as good as the drivers you have on your mobo ethernet is more universal,so more likley to be quicker and more efficiant,i have spoken to a few ntl workers and they say ethernet

blue_cafe 22:15 23 Sep 03

thanks guys............Neil.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…