Earphone sockets on new PC cases

Migwell 00:32 04 Feb 04

I am thinking about buying a new PC case. A lot of them have USB on the front which I have now, but some also have earphone and microphone sockets on the front also. Question 1 how do I conect to them.
Question 2 Can my MoBo take this.
Question 3 Can I still use my Creative sound card, for my 5.1 5100 speaker system.

1) normally straight onto the mobo

2) what mobo you got?

3) Yes!

DieSse 09:11 04 Feb 04

Slight amplification of pilch's answer.

They connect to the motherboard - IF your motherboard has on board sound AND the connectors - check in the manual.

However if you use a seperate sound card, you need to look on the sound card for a sutable place to plug in the front sockets - look in your sound card manual.

Some cases have switches in the sockets - this allows the rear speakers to work when the front socket is not used, and to be cut off when the socket is used. Some cases simply have a socket - and you have to then choose whether to have the front sockets working, or the rear ones.

Migwell 23:37 04 Feb 04

OK thank you for that. The board is an Asus A7V8X-X I am not realy shure what the hand book is trying to say, not a lot of help I know.

Thank you regards Migwell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…