Eargasm-Finally got the XP disk to work

TommyRed 19:08 04 Jun 04

After a number of falures, due to not having XP CD, went back and tried your original solution. This time it worked fine, though without 'slipstreaming' SP1, I have this on a MS security update CD which I assume can be used when asked for. I deleted all previous attempts and started afresh, worked fine, so thanks for your patience. TR

TommyRed 19:53 04 Jun 04

Thinking about it, my PC came with SP1 installed I'm sure it's in System>General. In that case would I need to bother with 'Slipstreaming'. TR

Djohn 20:13 04 Jun 04

Slipstreaming can be used for SP1 or updates or both even. If you have SP1 already then you will not need to add it to a disk, this also applies if you have the latest update CD from Microsoft.

Slipstreaming is very useful though for those not on broadband as they can make a copy of their legal XP disk with all the updates installed to it for future use in case they need to do a format/install.

To check your version of XP right click on my computer/properties/general tab and it will say SP1 if it's there. j.

TommyRed 20:24 04 Jun 04

Have just tried the boot up with the disc and it did ask for the SP1 disc, I struggled to get to this point so having to put another disc in is a small price to pay. TR

Eargasm 22:08 04 Jun 04

Hey well done mate, Glad you are sorted.

TommyRed 22:18 04 Jun 04

It feels good to be sorted eventually, even went to a board across the pond, that never worked either. When I posted they were all asleep and vice-versa, this is the place to get sorted. I do feel a lot more secure knowing that is done and even though I took an image (a few weeks back) the added security of knowing I can use an XP disc is priceless. TR

Eargasm 22:35 04 Jun 04

Yes you can never have enough backup,i have my hidden partition burned on to 3 cd's ,but feel happier with the xp bootdisk as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…