Is eacdownloads (cnry.exe) a trojan?

red dragon 11:02 07 Aug 03

I have been noticing a few strange things going on recently. I did a fresh install of XP Pro about 2 weeks ago.
Somehow I had as a user account, then yesterday there were epson dummy entrys in the print queue.Today I noticed a quick window open on boot up with cnry.exe or crny.exe (it was quick). After a quick web search I came to a site saying it was a trojan and how to remove it with Sophos. I dont have sophos, I use norton 2003 firewall and antivirus. Both are uptodate and after a complete scan nothing has been found.
I have also run hijack it and adaware6 both found stuff that i have removed. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance

JoeC 11:12 07 Aug 03

click here

Also try putting cnry.exe into Google - interesting results.

Lozzy 11:23 07 Aug 03 is a Microsoft web site click here

As far as cnry.exe I believe this is spy-ware but not absolutely sure.

red dragon 11:38 07 Aug 03

Many Thanks both.

At least I now know where I got it from!

I am just annoyed that my firewall or my a/v never gave me any clue that this was happening. Whats the point of having Norton 2003?
Also this "stop sign" software is telling people its for security! How the hell are we supposed to know whats good or bad these days!

-pops- 12:00 07 Aug 03

Dummy entries in the Epson print queue happen when the printer is offline. When you switch it on again they will disappear

expertec 12:02 07 Aug 03

You should run SpyBot as well as Ad-Aware

click here

info on Stopsign click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…