E2E_UNIN.EXE malware?

VCR97 19:40 PM 19 Jun 11
Answered

Anyone know what E2E_UNIN.exe is? I can't get a match with Google. Hitman Pro says that it is malware. It was lurking in the Windows folder.

birdface 20:06 PM 19 Jun 11
Answer

Nearest I could find is this but it was taken from a 7 year old thread.

unin.exe - Process Information

This component is part of Spy Software X

Component Name: unin.exe

Description of : Spy Software X is a commercially available keylogger that can be maliciously used to remotely monitor an infected system and steal personal information. The software captures keystrokes and screenshots. It also has features that enable an attacker to track changes in the system and modify settings set by the user. Event logs are sent to pre-determined email addresses. The program runs silently and cannot be terminated or uninstalled by users.

Not advised to google for it as most sites are given a straight red by WOT so you would have to be careful.

VCR97 19:54 PM 20 Jun 11

Thanks for that. I wonder how long that's been there. I've scanned regularly with anti-malware programs but just tried Hitman on a whim.

VCR97 20:24 PM 20 Jun 11

Thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…