E156G Vista Incompatibility Problems...!!!

arminmckidd 18:46 19 Aug 09

My Laptop Specs (reference):
Dell XPS M1530
3GB,250GB
Intel 2.2 8100 CPU
MS Vista HP SP2

My problems here is i have the 3 Dongle (E156G) and i inserted into usb drive and it says it needs to locate the driver for it. i search online but to no avail. I opened device manager and i found the usb under cd/dvd drives with this message 'No drivers are installed for this device'. Its also located under MODEM with message 'HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem' which seems to be working. Its also under 'Other devices' within UNKNOWN DEVICE'???
another point which is strange is that another device appears whenever i insert this dongle and thats the 'DiBcom DIB9080 based TV tuner device'

Another message from the 'Problem Reports and solutions' window with the suggestion that i install the driver for the E220, which clearly is not the correct model name. The dongle i have is the E156G!
It opens up and says 'could not find driver software' and:
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: USB\VID_12D1&PID_1003&REV_0000&MI_01
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Also i have tried to locate the driver from the HUAWEI website for my dongle model, but didnt find ANYTHING??!!
Is this thing even compatible with my laptop.

Please dont hesitate to ask any further questions if it will help you.

Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…