//some 3rd party need geo

E-SURVEILLER - Help

ianeon 11:20 08 Mar 04

Spysweeper says that my computer is infected with "e-surveiller"..When I remove it, it reappears after my next start. I then turn off "system restore" then run Spysweeper to remove it, but it still appears on my next start.... I run PestPatrol which doesn't show any infection. I carry out a manual removal of e-surveiller( information courtesy of PestPatrol ) but cannot find any indication of e-surveiller being on my computer.. I then run Spysweeper which says I am infected by e-surveiller...Should I assume the Spysweeper is at fault or are there other checks that I could do - Thank you - Ian

Jester2K 11:21 08 Mar 04

Check with Adaware click here and SpyBot click here (both free) but i'd suggest SpySweeper is lying...

ianeon 11:57 08 Mar 04

Thank you - I have checked with Ad-Aware;Spybot;spywareblaster;BazookaScanner and System Mechanic. BUT if Spysweeper is at fault why should it just happen - I haven't done anything - this was found during my weekly maintenance checks - Ian

Kinder Scout 12:06 08 Mar 04

I think it's a false positive, you will probably find it gets fixed at a definitions update.

romanab 14:09 08 Mar 04

You could try spysweeper forums(there must be one)to see if it's a known problem as these things usually are

romanab 14:25 08 Mar 04

click here this may/may not be helpfull

ianeon 15:07 08 Mar 04

Thank you - I have written to Webroot about this problem - but I thought the experts in this helproom might have come across the problem before - incidently I ran Webroots "Spyaudit" and this gave my computer a clean bill of health - so I await Webroots answer with interest _ Ian

Kinder Scout 23:59 08 Mar 04

Fixed in latest update 09/03/04.

ianeon 10:53 09 Mar 04

"Kinder Scout" - thank you for that information - But how did you know that my problem would be fixed with the latest update? - Ian

Kinder Scout 13:10 09 Mar 04
  Kinder Scout 13:11 09 Mar 04

Oooops

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…