E-ONLINE CHECKER

spider man 10:27 26 May 03

A friend of mine some time ago had a program installed which when he was online advised him if any of his contacts (address book) were also online.
At the time i did'nt pay much attention but now i wish i had as he cant remember where he got it and has sinse upgraded his system.
Can any one shed some light please....

Eagie 10:50 26 May 03

It sounds to me like he is using a messenger service such as MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger or ICQ.

These allow you to see if any of your friends are online. MSN's uses hotmail addresses whereas you set up accounts specific to the other two (you get a screen name with AIM and a number with ICQ). You then enter the screenname/number/e-mail address of your friends and if they are online you can send messages to each other.

I have accounts with MSN, AIM and ICQ so I use a program called Trillian which lets me access them all through the one program so I don't need them all running at the same time.

spider man 11:08 26 May 03

Thanks for the reply Eagie, have msn installed but cant log on, everytime it asks for my password it tells me its wrong.

Clicking on the help button does me no favours either.

elp...

Eagie 11:10 26 May 03

why not set up a new hotmail account and use that for MSN?

spider man 11:34 26 May 03

Hotmail it is thanks for the help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017