E:\ is not accesible

Pinelea 20:12 05 May 06

I have a recently-installed Philips DVDR162K/00 DVD ReWriter.

It works fine playing DVDs and Cds, and I can download files from recorded discs.

However, when I insert a blank DVD+R, a window appears saying "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function"

How can I fix this?

I am running XT with SP2.

Totally-braindead 20:16 05 May 06

Its normal, you must have the drive set to autorun, when it does so it will see nothing as the disk is blank so it comes up with what you said. Either disable the autorun or just click cancel. Or are you saying it does this when you are trying to burn a DVD, if so what software are you using to burn a disk?

Pinelea 20:26 05 May 06

Thanks for your prompt response.

I haven't yet arrived at the point of burning a DVD - that would hasve been the nexrt stage, using a cchoice of software installed.

What I did notice just now, after posting my plea, was that, in Control Panel, the legend under the drive icon changed from "DVD RW-Drive" to "CD Drive" as the disc was read. Odd?

What next, please?

lezw 20:29 05 May 06

I ripped a cd so that I could burn it as an mp3 file to play in the car. To make life easy I saved the files to a folder that I created on my desktop and called I “a gift” , now I am unable to get rid of the file I have deleted it moved it and shredded it but it always returns as an empty file called “a gift “after the next reboot. Anyone got any ideas?

Totally-braindead 20:31 05 May 06

lezw you're obviously new to the Forum, don't post in someone elses thread start your own and keep to the one thread don't start multiple threads on the same subject as it confuses everyone. When someone replies to YOUR thread you will get an email to tell you.

Totally-braindead 20:34 05 May 06

Pinelea thats normal as well, I don't know why Windows does it but it does. It doesn't matter as it doesn't affect anything. Just ignore that as well.
What next you ask. What do you mean? If you want software to burn a DVD then I recommend Nero but stick to Nero 6, Nero 7 seems to have a few problems.

Pinelea 16:56 28 Dec 06

Thanks for the comments.

I know this is a much-belated response, but I've only recently had time to play with burning - and it works. One tip I saw was to find software that would allow format first - but I haven't done that yet.

Nero 7 is a bit tricky, as you say, and my success has been with RecordNow! Have you any experience of this.

Happy New Year,

Ralph P Smith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…