E-mails returned

Harv4 18:21 07 Apr 05

My e-mails sent to addresses other than the ISP I use are returned "Error 550 cannot be relayed". My ISP say either my account details are incorrect or I am blacklisted. I have checked the details they appear correct, I have checked my IP Address with the sites my ISP stated could block me again to no avail. I have tried setting up a web mail account and get the same error. Any suggestions as to what to try next.

timeteam2004 18:45 07 Apr 05

If you are getting an error message stating the following:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server.
The rejected email address was '[email protected]'.
Subject 'test', Account: 'any account', Server:'mail.yourdomain.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 not local host 'todomain.com', not a gateway', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Please follow the following step to resolve the problem.

Go to the Tools menu in outlook/outlook express, and click on "Accounts." You should then see this window. In this window, click on your domain until it is highlighted, then click on "Properties."

Click on the "Servers" tab when the next screen pops up. Now, check the box that says, "My server requires authentication" for Outgoing Server. Click "Okay". You MUST do this step so you can send mail from your domain.

Now, you're ready to send and receive mail! To set up multiple accounts, follow these steps again.

Harv4 21:42 07 Apr 05

Thank you but unfortuantly this has not solved the problem

feb 15:01 08 Apr 05

Hi Harv4

I would think you have mistyped the address. Get the person to email you and then, click on "reply" and see if they then recieve your email!

Harv4 11:00 09 Apr 05

Thanks, I have already tried this, I go a colleague at work to e-mail me I then transferred it to my address book using that or typing it in manually the result the same. Any use of addresses from my address book which have worked perfectly for years results in the same rejection and 550 code. I can still e-mail friends and family if they use the same ISP anyone else is just returned.

octal 11:18 09 Apr 05

Make sure all outgoing messages are sent through your own server, in other words, if for instance you have a Hotmail account you can receive from Hotmail, but messages sent must go out via your own ISP's smtp.

By the way who is your ISP?

Harv4 12:12 09 Apr 05

octal, I don't have any aother accounts so it should only go out through my ISP who is NTL.

feb 16:52 09 Apr 05
  Kate B 17:11 09 Apr 05

Possible that you've been hijacked as a spam server? That would cause your ISP to blacklist you.

SANTOS7 17:18 09 Apr 05
  Harv4 17:25 09 Apr 05

Kate B, I have checked the blacklist sites my ISP recommended and I don't seem to be blacklisted. My ISP say then it musts be my setting.. I have checked these and although they don't seem to have changed I have re-entered them to no avail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…