E Mails. HTML or Word?

milkybarkid 15:25 28 Sep 05

When using Outlook and composing, whats the difference?

Thalmus 16:06 28 Sep 05

Using HTML is just typing an out an e-mail as you would using outlook. If you use word then when you goto to create an e-mail it opens word and you compose it using that.

Using word slows the process down a bit because it has to load word when you write an e-mail, i don't bother and just outlook

milkybarkid 16:21 28 Sep 05

Any Other Side effects Other Than Being Slow?

Thalmus 16:27 28 Sep 05

The only real reason to use word is if your going to use the advanced features of word and create loads of fancy e-mails. I don't, so i don't bother

Jackcoms 16:27 28 Sep 05

No

milkybarkid 16:55 28 Sep 05

Thanks Everyone

DieSse 17:39 28 Sep 05

HTML and Word are not alternatives for email.

The alternatives are HTML or plain text. HTML is the formatted one with effects, pictures, and whatever.

If you compose using Word, then all that happens is the Word document is convertd to HTML when it's sent (this is anoption anyway in Word, to save as HTML).

If you compose in OE directly, you can choose HTML or plain text.

One reason to use Word to compose the email is that the formatting you are used to doing in Word is preserved when it converts to HTML for sending.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…