e- mails gone

vectradam 22:34 07 Aug 08

all my e mails have inexplicably disappeared from my inbox in outlook express. any ideas whats happened and can i get them back .thanks

Giggle n' Bits 23:02 07 Aug 08

you have logged into a different account in you mail setting. Which windows and which internet exllorer are you using please.
for email to totally vanish from a inbox is indivudual manual deletion of some sort of infection ?

BurrWalnut 09:05 08 Aug 08

No guarantee but this may work:
Close Outlook Express, click Start > Search and type FOLDERS.DBX (include hidden files in the search, capitals are for clarity only), right click on the file > Delete. If you’re nervous about deleting files then click Rename and type FOLDERS.OLD. Now restart Outlook Express and a new folders.dbx file will be recreated automatically.

If it is not found make sure the search field ‘More Advanced Options’ includes ‘Hidden Files’.

If you cannot access it because it’s ‘read only’, right-click it > Properties and uncheck the Read attribute.

Yokel 20:11 08 Aug 08

Is there any chance that you have inadvertently changed the View to one that hides read messages ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…