E-mails currently in Outlook 2000 - to new laptop?

SheilaB 15:14 30 Dec 03

I have about 600 Outlook 2000 e-mail messages stored in various folders on my current laptop, which is running on Windows 2000.

My new laptop is running on Windows XP and using Outlook 2003. Is there any way of easily transferring all these messages and folders intact to the new laptop? I'm not actually sure where Outlookholds these files, and whether I can copy them onto a USB memory stck, or write them to a CD to transfer them.

I do have Laplink, but it doesn't like deep nested folders and Windows 2000 puts about 5 layers in front of my D disk before it gets to the file name!

Do a search for 'Outlook.pst', copy this file to somewhere on your laptop.

If you have not already done so, then send a message to yourself on the laptop, so that it creates its own outlook.pst.

Find where it is storing the new outlook.pst file and overwrite it with the one that you copied from your other computer.

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…