e mails cornered

mern 08:54 12 Oct 08

When I attempt to read an e-mail, it opens in the bottom left handside of screen and only top quarter of the mail is visible. I have to either drag whole mail into centre of screen or expand it. This is a problem I have never had before. How do I get the mail to open in a fully readable position

cowgirl66 09:04 12 Oct 08

Hi Mern, by doing the following, which is maximising the window manually and NOT by click on the expanding icon in the upper lefthand corner, this may solve your problem.

Open any email in its own window by double-clicking it in its folder.
Make sure the window is not maximized.
Move the email window so that its top left corner coincides with the top left corner of your screen.
Grab the handle in the window's bottom right corner with the mouse and drag it to the bottom right corner of the screen.
Close the message window.

FatboySlim71 09:21 12 Oct 08

mern are you reading your email in a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or are you reading in a email program such as Outlook, Office Outlook?

If cowgirl66 suggestion doesn't work then you could try this,

Adjust the window to the desired size then:

If the window that the email is in has a file menu that has an exit option on it, try selecting exit at the same time as holding down the CTRL key.

If it doesn't, try holding down the CTRL key and closing the window in the usual way by clicking on the red x, just remember to hold the CTRL key down before you click on the red x.

The above methods always work for me when I want to have a window open at a specified size.

mern 09:48 12 Oct 08

Thanks cowgirl and fatboy for your rapid response. Unfortunately neither suggestion workded. I am using Outlook Express. I cant drag the whole mail , only about a third moves across the screen and I also hitting ctrl before the red x has no effect. The problem arose after I reduced the size of the window so that I could drag picture files into the body of the e-mail. The reduction in size worked but thereafter the problem arose. Looks like I am going to have to live with it. Any way many thanks again for your assistance

cowgirl66 09:57 12 Oct 08

How about this then;

Expand the WHOLE email by using the top right button.
Then minimise it gradually by grabbing the top left handle downn diagonally to about a third its size.
Then place the email in top left corner as before and follow the first set of instructions again.

A little bit of pulling and dragging always used to work for me. But let me know if it doesn't work.

mern 10:03 12 Oct 08

Thanks for that Cowgirl.. All working at last

cowgirl66 10:39 12 Oct 08

Great news ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…