e-mails being delivered to the wrong mailbox

PAE 20:44 09 Oct 03

I have set myself up with a second mailbox to use when contacting suppliers etc. The idea being to reduce Spam coming to my main mailbox. The problem is that any acknowledgements still get sent to the main mailbox despite my using the new address on orders, enquiries etc.

I can send mail to myself from one box to the other or direct to the same box. The addresses are considerably different to avoid typos.

Any help would be appreciated.

TBH1 21:58 09 Oct 03

are you saying you have set up another account or simply another 'folder' within your current accounts inbox ? And what you using, OE ??

Jester2K II 22:06 09 Oct 03

You're going to have to explain in more detail.

PAE 09:24 10 Oct 03

TBH1 & Jester2K II

I have added another e-mail address with NTL and opened up another account in OE6.

I did notice last night when I sent a message from my 'Main Identity' that the other identity name flashed briefly in the blu bar at the top of the screen.

The 'Main Identity is set as default. Could that be the problem?

Stuartli 09:39 10 Oct 03

OE's Help section outlines in detail how to set up multiple e-mail accounts.

canard 11:04 10 Oct 03

It's handy to have a webmail address for filling in registrations etc. It acts like a dustbin; the spam collects in one place and just needs emptying ance a week.

^wave^ 11:09 10 Oct 03

i think it is fair to say yes you have 2 accounts but only one OE so everythingwill go into that one inbox

tontons 12:47 10 Oct 03

With OE you can specify a folder to which an email can be moved into.
From Tools / Message Rules / Mail

So, the condition will be "Where the message is from the specified account"

And the action will be "Move it to the specified folder"

Hope this helps
;-)

PAE 18:38 10 Oct 03

I have looked into all the above recommendations but apart from mesage rules I already gone through those steps.

With regard to message rules there doesn't seem to be a rule for' when recipient's is ...'.

On the face of it it should work but doesn't.

Any more ideas would be welcome because I do want to keep my private mail seperate from the rest.

Thanks

GroupFC 19:03 10 Oct 03

If you are going done the rules route the rule you need is "where the to line contains people"(which is the condition) you should then click on the "to people" and a box will pop up in which you can type the address. You should then set the action (ie move to a specified folder) and then specify the folder, to which the message should go.

I have set up rules along these lines for my chidrens mail (they are only 8 & 5) so that their mail goes into their own folders rather that mine, but I am still able to look at it and monitor it (no doubt this will all change when they get to be more computer-literate than me!).

I may not have explained this very well (it is much easier to do than to type the instructions!), but if you are still struggling post back and I'll try to walk you through it.

PAE 10:32 12 Oct 03

I have tried your method and it seem to work up to a point. I created two folders one attached to my main Inbox and one to my stored e-mails. I had a message sent to me which arrived in the new stored e-mails folder. I wouldn't be able to see if anything had arrived without opening up my storage folders. I really would like it to show on the new inbox folder. Does yours work that way?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…